If you or someone you know needs assistance, simply dial 2-1-1 or dial 352-332-4636, or chat live NOW by clicking on the icon below:
To text 2-1-1, just text your zip code to 898-211 (txt211).
2-1-1 is a free service provided by United Way that connects area residents to critical health and social service resources when they need help the most. From help with a household bill, food assistance, or counseling for suicide prevention, United Way's 2-1-1 help line is open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Instead of searching the phone book or internet when faced with a crisis, think of 2-1-1 as your first call for help. This year United Way's 2-1-1 will help 20,000 local residents find the help they need fast.
- Housing and Utilities
- Youth and Child Care Issues
- Physical and Mental Health Services
- 24-hour Crisis and Suicide Counseling
- Elder Services
Visit the searchable database for local services on-line.
How Does an Organization Qualify to be listed in 2-1-1?
Non-profits and low cost/sliding scale community resources can be listed in 2-1-1. We encourage all to apply if they feel they can be of help to the community. 2-1-1 does not exclude services due to not being a non-profit.
- Click here for 2-1-1 Resource Database and Volunteer Solutions Inclusion Application
Agency Training Resources
- Click here for the 2-1-1 Agency Training Manual
- Click here for the 2-1-1 Agency Training Presentation