Jeff Ferendo, General Manager of the Gainesville Vale Food Co.
1. Tell us about your business; and what is your business philosophy?
Vale Food Co. is a Florida fast, casual restaurant, catering provider, and meal plan service founded to provide convenient, quality, and nutritious food options to our local communities. Since 2014, we have been disrupting a market that has taken advantage of our busier, modern lifestyles at the cost of nutrition by providing a menu founded in the concept of mindful, earthly living for any diet and lifestyle.
2. Why are you passionate about your commitment to United Way’s Community Investment Fund?
Community outreach is huge for us at Vale. United Way’s commitment to food security goes hand in hand with our goal of providing as many people as possible with healthy and earthly food options. But they go beyond to fight for comprehensive health, education, and financial stability for our community. We are so happy to be partners with a real force of good in Gainesville.
3. What is something interesting or surprising that most people don’t know about you?
I can throw down a pretty mean game of Air Hockey.
4. What would your older self say to your younger self?
It’s never too early to start practicing healthy habits.
5. What’s your favorite quote?
Life’s like a video game: If you run into enemies, you’re going the right direction.