Ross Ambrose, Managing Partner of AAA Porta Serve
1. Tell us about your business; and what is your business philosophy?
We provide portable sanitation services for agriculture, construction, disaster relief, recreation and events over 6000 square miles of north central Florida. Portable toilets save over 125 million gallons of fresh water across the US every day. We are proud to responsibly provide necessary services helps to make for better workplaces, weekends and our world. We feel the best way to take care of our customers is to start by taking care of our employees.
2. Why are you passionate about your commitment to United Way's Community Investment Fund?
Just like taking care of our employees is important, so is helping to take care of the communities we service. Partnership with the United Way allows us to maximize the impact our dollars can have across the entire region.
3. What is something or surprising that most people don't know about you?
Before owning AAA I worked in the film industry. I once ran an underwater filming unit for James Cameron, at Ginnie Springs, where he used 3D HD cameras underwater for the first time. The material eventually led to the Universal Pictures movie Sanctum being produced.
4. What would your older self say to your younger self?
No matter how solid your plan for the future is, when there is an unexpected opportunity, take it.
5. What's your favorite quote?
“Be kinder than necessary because you have no idea what type of battle someone else is fighting.” Unknown source