What is VITA?
VITA is 100% FREE! The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers FREE tax help to taxpayers who need assistance. IRS-certified volunteers provide free basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing to qualified taxpayers. Taxpayers can earn up to $6,431 from their earned income tax credit (EITC). And with Child Tax Credit (CTC), taxpayers can earn up to $2,000 per child.
Qualified taxpayers can include, but is not limited to:
- Low- to moderate-income households
- Individuals with disabilities
- Individuals with limited English
- Individuals living in the surrounding rural communities
Make an appointment with 211!
Starting mid-January, contact 211 for an appointment to have an IRS-certified volunteer prepare and file your taxes at one of our VITA sites. Simply dial 2-1-1 or (352) 332-4636 to make an appointment, or you can schedule online using the link below.
Or you can prepare your taxes at home with MyFreeTaxes.com.
What should I bring to my appointment?
Please click here to check what you need to bring for your VITA appointment.
2020 VITA Sites
Interested in Becoming a Volunteer?
Learn to prepare taxes and make a difference in your community at the same time. How can you make a difference? By simply volunteering to help your community by preparing taxes free of charge with the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program.
Submit your application now by using the VITA/TCE Volunteer and Partner Sign Up and you will be one step closer to becoming a VITA tax volunteer. Applicant's information will be forwarded to the appropriate IRS office.
Certification in limited tax law is necessary, but training will be provided.
For more information, contact Marilyn Renwick-Taylor at MTaylor@unitedwayncfl.org or (352) 333-0849.
2018 Tax Year Results:
- Refunded $2,712,113 to the community and saved taxpayers $659,568 in paid fees for a total impact of $4,110,913.
- Taxpayers were refunded an addition $739,232 through the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC).
- Taxpayers saved an average of $273 in paid tax fee preparations by using VITA.