The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program offers FREE tax help to taxpayers who need assistance. IRS-certified volunteers provide free basic income tax return preparation with electronic filing to qualified taxpayers. Don't pay for filing, loans, or a rapid refund.
You may be eligible for:
- Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) up to $3,584 per child
- Child Tax Credit up to $2,000 per child
Qualified taxpayers can include, but is not limited to:
- Low- to moderate-income households
- Individuals with disabilities
- Individuals with limited English
- Individuals living in the surrounding rural communities
Make an appointment with 211!
Starting mid-January, contact 211 for an appointment to have an IRS-certified volunteer prepare and file your taxes at one of our VITA sites. Simply dial 2-1-1 or (352) 332-4636 to make an appointment, or you can schedule online using the link below.
Powered by AppointmentPlus
What should I bring to my appointment?
Please click here
to check what you need to bring for your VITA appointment.
Interested in Becoming a Volunteer?
Learn to prepare taxes and make a difference in your community at the same time. How can you make a difference? By simply volunteering to help your community by preparing taxes free of charge with the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program.
Submit your application now by using the VITA/TCE Volunteer and Partner Sign Up
and you will be one step closer to becoming a VITA tax volunteer. Applicant's information will be forwarded to the appropriate IRS office.
Certification in limited tax law is necessary, but training will be provided.
2019 Tax Year Results:
- Refunded $1,992,795 to the community and saved taxpayers $530,670 in paid fees for a total impact of $3,127,159.
- Taxpayers were refunded $603,694 through the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC).
- Taxpayers saved an average of $294 in paid tax fee preparations by using VITA.
Starting in mid-January, dial 2-1-1 for a drop-off appointment to have an IRS-certified volunteer prepare and file your taxes.